Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a VAT, Manager, joining our Finance team.
- Collections professional with 5+ years experience and proven performance, mainly consultancy environment
- Prior experience with international taxation
- Vast experience in VAT 6th directive and Global Sales Tax (North America and Asia)
- Vast experience with preparing & filing VAT tax returns, both locally and on an international basis
- Experience with a Fintech or start up company
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Data driven communicator
- Professional experience working with large data sets
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Writes and speaks fluent English, French and Spanish is also considered as a plus
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Advise on the VAT related issues related to international expansion
- Advise on VAT related issues related to global operations
- Approve VAT tax returns from the service provider
- Prepare the internalisation of the tax returns in tax issues related to the expansion in the current countries
- Help the teams at Remote with issues related to indirect taxes
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Director of Tax
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with team leadership
- (async) Offer