Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As part of the Content Innovation Team, you’ll get work on new innovative formats that will help dictate the future of Calm Content. We value creativity, collaboration, and a proactive attitude.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an experienced script writer and researcher for a new short form scripted digital series. You will work remotely alongside the show’s producers, show runner, and host to research and write a high volume of inspiring and motivating scripts.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing scripts that reflect the tone of the host and vibe of the show
- Researching movement modalities and mindful practices that you can then interpret into VO for the host
- Interfacing with Show Runner and Host in order to help inform the host’s dialogue
- Help ideate around themes and stories that can be integrated into the series
Who You Are:
- Script writer with a strong background in writing for a host, with emphasis on voice, character, and tone
- Proactive in ideating around specific subject matters including themes and story arcs
- Able to quickly research given topics and translate that research into compelling and meaningful scripts
- Experienced in writing short form episodic content for a daily show (high volume scripting)
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to interface cross functionally in a remote environment
- Strong ability to work independently and interpret and implement feedback from multiple sources on tight timelines. Additionally, you are able to receive and respond to feedback well, with experience moving projects through multiple iterations.
- Flexible and versatile in nature; able to take on challenges while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of mindfulness, meditation, and the wellness world
- Passion for and interest in exercise and movement modalities
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.