A little about us
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
Location: Anywhere in the world within timezone GMT +/-5h
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for a Zendesk Administrator to help us manage our Zendesk platform, which is central to how we work at Oyster.
You will be working in our Customer Operations Team who are responsible for the customer experience at Oyster, part of the Operations team, and will be working closely with our Sales, Finance and Legal teams.
What you'll be doing...
As a Zendesk Administrator, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and communicating new Zendesk processes and features across the Operations organization at Oyster.
We’re looking for a team member to help run Zendesk and make sure that we capitalize on the full features and benefits of the system. You will actively drive the product vision for Zendesk, understanding the needs of the end users and working closely together with stakeholders across the company. This is a great opportunity for someone with Zendesk administration experience that is really looking to grow their career.
What you'll be doing
- Serving as the owner of Zendesk at Oyster, the primary point of contact for information, work prioritization, and decision-making
- Gathering business requirements and documenting proposals for system design and improvements
- Maintaining, enhancing and creating workflows, functions and configurations within Zendesk environment according to best practices
- Proactively gathering feedback, make improvements and communicating change by running a regular forum with key stakeholders
- Providing training and user assistance, to support adoption and ultimately lead to customer satisfaction
- Creating and maintaining Zendesk reports and dashboards, and work with our data team to get data visible in our business intelligence tool, Looker
- Perform system administration functions such as user management, fields, picklists, page layout management, mobile setup, data management (uploads), as well as other configuration items.
- Monitor and maintain Zendesk data quality.
What's it like to work at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
Mission, Vision, Values at Oyster
Why Oyster is a Distributed Company
How We Work Together at Oyster
What we're looking for 📜
Skillsets that are important
- Able to work independently, interacting directly with junior and senior stakeholders
- Should have at least 3 years’ hands-on experience with Zendesk platform, with strong understanding of Zendesk best practices and functionalities
- Should have understanding of relational databases and data integration tools
- Should have understanding of data mappings (source to target) for integrations
- Must have strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Should have familiarity with agile development team practices, tools, and framework
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing work environment
- Must have knowledge of and experience in creating workflows, dashboards, and analytic reports
- Proven to be autonomous, professional and empathic in approach, with high levels of motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, determination and tenacity, along with a sense of humor
- Remote-first advocate and passionate about creating change in the future of work landscape
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
Skillsets that are not required (but are a bonus)
- Zendesk Support Administrator Certification
- Experience working in a globally distributed company
- Ability to speak languages other than English fluently
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language
Benefits & Compensation 💸
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package (either contractor or full-time)
- Fully flexible hours.
- 40 days including public holidays, or legal minimum in your region if greater.
- Home Office Equipment budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through HealingClouds and WithJuno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering